Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Knitting

Occasionally especially in winter I like to knit. Two years ago on 28 June 2007 my darling father died as the result of a massive heart attack. My mother was not well and was in hospital for about 4 months after Dad's death. I used to visit her nearly every day and started knitting beanies while sitting with her. Eventually Mum even knitted 2 beanies. I gave one of these to my beautiful niece, Helen, who was a wonderful support. I kept the other one for myself as a memento of something that Mum made.

I have since made XX beanies and these will be sent to Knitting for Brisbane's Needy. This group make and distribute knitted and other items to charities who give them to people in Brisbane who need these things. This group have made and distributed 22 000 items since 2006.

No comments: